Asian Style Chicken Salad - No Lettuce
Slice mushrooms, snow peas, bell peppers and/or carrots, cooked chicken breast (in my case, from a roasted chicken), onion, ginger, garlic. Put in a small pot, add honey, fish sauce, bacon fat, salt and heat through. Can be eaten right away or put in the fridge for a salad the next day. (You may want to strain it if you do this.)
Thai Style Arugala Beef Salad
Arugala has a spicy nutty flavour that, to my surprise, blended nicely with the other thai flavours.
- Prep a bed of arugala on a plate. Top with some chopped mint.
- Fry/roast/grill a thin slice of beef. Add a squeeze of lime on the beef.
- Fry mushrooms, onions and any other veg in copious amounts of garlic, some dried chilli, and some fat. (I used chicken fat.)
- Add some cashews and thai fish sauce to veg to taste. (Cashews marry nicely with the nuttiness of the arugala.)
- Top arugala with beef and veg. Add a dash of lime and thai fish sauce. Chill and serve cold. (It gets cold pretty quickly anyway.)