Wednesday 23 January 2013

Transitioning from GAPS to the Harcombe Diet

A year after starting this blog, I have decided to transition off of GAPS.  Reasons follow:

  • Low energy on GAPS
  • Tendancy to 'cheat' badly on GAPS - its better (for me) to eat a quinoa salad than order a pizza
  • I have some weight to loose and GAPS isn't cutting it
  • GAPS worked
What I will continue to do is:
  • Avoid wheat
  • Incorporate broth wherever possible
  • Avoid dairy
  • Take probiotics and cod liver oil
Below is my personal meal plan for the Harcombe diet, from January to March:


MON
TUE
WED
THU
FRI
SAT
SUN

Fruit
Carb
Lentil Chilli

Roast Parsnips

Asian Veg & Rice
Steel Cut Oats
Butternut Spinach Quinoa Salad
Chia Seed Cereal
Chia Seed Cereal
Neutral
Crudités

Vegetable Soup

Kale salad
Vegetable soup
Green Beans
Salad
Salad
Fat
Chicken Curry

Grilled Chicken & Zucchini
Pho
Fish and Roast Butternut
Out
Roast Chicken & Eggplant
Steak & Peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment