Monday 1 October 2012

Intro Day 1

Day 1 got off to a rocky start.  I pulled a jug of broth out of my fridge that had been there a little to long, heated it up for breakfast and lunch, tasted it, and realized it had gone off.   I pulled a new container of stock out of the freezer and left it on the counter to thaw.

Walked to work and had a few almonds and several mugs of green tea with honey.  Not intro, certainly not phase I but it could have been worse.

Lunch was a quinoa chilli.  Very bad, but could not pack a lunch that morning and forgot my cash cards at home.

Dinner was 2 avocados with salt and a squeeze of lemon juice, mixed with sauerkraut, and a mug of stock.  I heated up the thawed stock and poured most of it in a thermos with a clove of garlic for lunch tomorrow.

I will be finishing off the last of a tray of strawberries for dessert.  Or perhaps freezing them for later.

So, here is the meal plan for the next two weeks or so.   Note that one day's dinner is the next day's lunch (the joys of cooking for one!).

Oct 1 - Oct 4

Breakfasts: broth

  • Broth, avocados
  • Butternut squash soup
  • Bok choy soup with egg yolks
  • Scrambled eggs with tomato
Oct 5 - Oct 8

Breakfasts: scrambled eggs, carrot juice (weekend is a great time to use the juicer)
  • Roast chicken (will freeze the breasts)
  • Vegetable soup with zuchini walnut bread
  • Roast turkey (thanksgiving!)
  • Chicken 'noodle' soup
Oct 9 - Oct 12

Breakfasts:  slow cooker applesauce
  • Pumpkin soup with zuchini walnut bread
  • Salmon and mashed cauliflower
  • Chilli (no beans!)
  • Ceaser salad
This takes me to the end of Intro - so then it's on to full GAPS (Minus dairy, in my case.  Post on that to follow)

No comments:

Post a Comment